Tabs

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SAHM

I found an article written by a business woman a few years ago. she stated that An alarming number of college-educated women are leaving the work force to stay at home and raise their children, a trend that is a tragedy not only for the mothers, but ultimately their children and women as a whole.
In January 2010 I made a choice to be a SAHM ( Stay At Home Mom) When poeple ask " Do you have a job?" I can without hesitation say "Yes, I am a mom".  I am proud to be included in the 5.4 million mothers put their careers on hold to stay home with their children. Though it is not ever easy, it is the choice that I have made to support my family. The other day I was thinking  how nice it would be to get out of the house and go to work, not have to change diapers or deal with screaming children. I could even have adult conversation, or even complete a whole meal before it gets cold. Through the next week the Lord began to teach me about His heart for mothers. No one can love my children the way that I do. No one knows exactly how Noah likes his milk in the morning or where CJ's favorite spot to play is. Though we do have the best friends in the world, they care for my children in my absence with love and kindness, no one can love them like their mommy. I have the unique privilege of sharing God's heart with my children, I get to teach them how He sees them and how He wants them to treat others.  Proverbs 22:6 says, Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.(NASB)
So the next time you are desperate for adult conversation and need a moment to be reminded why you live on a single income, remember that no one can show your children how to be Men and Woman of God better than you can.
And for those of you that do work to make ends meet, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, do what you need to do to provide for your family. What is right for my family is not necessarily the right thing for yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.